Skip navigation |
[Viewing Options]

Tues 14th Oct - Adviceline closed. Please call Coram Children's Legal Centre for advice on 0808 802 0008

Text size

Getting the Statement Right

This page provides an introduction to statements of special educational needs

All parents want the best for their children. Some children may need more help than usually can be provided by schools and this help must be set out on a statement of special educational needs.

Before a statement is written, the local authority will ask your child's school and other professionals to examine your child and write reports.

If the local authority decides to write a statement you have the right to make comments and to ask for the school you want for your child.

Skateboard Boy

Related Links