Do you give advice to parents on education issues?
Do you need help keeping up-to-date with changes to the law and guidance?
ACE’s Education Step-by-Step Package could help you.
The package includes:
- A comprehensive manual covering key areas of education law and guidance
- A full day's training (1-1 or small group) on key topics and how to use the manual effectively
- Free manual updates for the first year
Written in a straightforward accessible style and now used by more than 400 advisers in organisations across England and Wales, the Manual provides step-by-step, legally correct advice on the main areas of education in which problems can often arise, including:
- Choosing and applying for a school place
- Appealing for a school place
- Special educational needs, statutory assessment & the statementing process
- Exclusions and exclusion reviews
- Complaints and action when things go wrong
The Step-by-Step manual also provides an overview of the education system, explanations of jargon, legal references and suggestions for further reading.
Examples of organisations that use the Step-by-Step package are:
- Local Education Authorities
- Parent Partnership Services
- Large and small charities that give advice on education issues
- Foster Care and Adoption agencies
- Law Centres
Comments from users:
- “The Step-by-Step training has had a dramatic effect on my confidence in giving education advice”
- “Very professionally presented in an informative, interesting and humorous way”.
An Assistant Director of Education says:
- “The manual and advice network is a very high quality and innovative piece of work which has national significance.”
The package is available in a range of ways to suit users’ needs. Prices below are given as a guide:
- Complete package for one person: manual and training - £750
- Manual Alone - £485
- Annual subscription fee for manual updates - £55
To discuss options, please contact Chris East on 020 8407 5142 or email@example.com
Licensed Trainer Scheme
The Licensed Trainer Scheme (Train the Trainer) makes Education Step-by-Step available to many advisers at a low cost.
Licensed trainers are professionals who already offer training in Education advice.
- Two days of one-to-one training on the Education Step-by-Step manual and how to train others to use them
- One day of observation and evaluation of the licensed trainer in action
- A Manual for the Licensed Trainer
- Manuals for the advisers trained by the Licensed Trainer.
The licence is renewable annually.
The trainer and those that they train will all be Registered Users.
All training will be evaluated.
- Licensed trainer plus 5 trainees - £2,496
- Licensed trainer plus 10 trainees - £3,746
Prices include manual updates for all registered users in the first year.
Travel expenses for ACE worker and where necessary an overnight stay will be added to the costs.
Updates for following years will be in the order of £55 per registered user.
To discuss options, please contact Chris East on 020 8407 5142, or email firstname.lastname@example.org